Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Hospital Tour - Take 2

I don't think I mentioned it, but at the antenatal class they passed around a sign up sheet for a tour of the Royal Alexandria Hospital. I know we had a tour back at some point in June but I just remember being ill. Mark's been wanting to practice the drive out to the hospital again so we decided doing the tour was as good an excuse as any to drive out there. So sign up we did. :)

The tour was much shorter this time, but when I combine what I learned from the first tour with information gleaned this time around I think I'm pretty happy with my final knowledge content. The midwife leading the tour was named.... Allison! (but was she was a completely different Allison than the Allison who glared daggers through the first tour. I think the midwives all have about 4 names between them and just share.)

The big plus this time? I managed to get pictures of one of the labour suites this time! (It's much easier to surreptitiously (I totally had to look up how to spell that word... the spelling of it is completely beyond me.) take photos when your camera actually works and doesn't die on you after one picture. Yaay for the new camera!)



6 comments:

  1. oof, those photos bring back a lot of memories! Glad to be able to eat again? lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh a TUB!! and a ball.. Nice.. spend lots of time in the tub before they break the water. and the ball will help dialate after they break the water.. remember. Deep cleansing breaths and relax. Itll be over before you know it and so worth the effort.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ok... I'm confused... how, exactly, does the ball IN the tub work??? Or are they just storing it there???
    Illuminate me!!
    mums

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL - They're just storing it there Mom! The bathtub is bound to be the cleanest area. You don't have random people from a tour walking around all over it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gosh I've got a lot of catching up to do! Love your sneaky spy photos, you have a whole new career ahead of you!

    Hope I can see you soon :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. ooooooooohhhhhh, good. I was getting some pretty crazy pictures in my head!!

    ReplyDelete

Comment! It's pretty much the same as petting a cat. They purr, I blog more.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...