Thursday, January 21, 2010

The Itchy and Scratchy Show.

Argh!! It itches! Stupid skin is stretching to contain my giant baby and itching like a beast! (I guess it's better that it stretches and itches than just bursting open like an overfull water-balloon right?) Me and the bio oil/ cocoa butter lotion have become best of pals, yet despite copious amounts slathered on my belly I have still fallen victim to the dreaded stretch marks. I wouldn't mind so much... it's not like I can see them, they're on the underside of the bump, but they're sore as well as itchy. Kind of like I've been burned. I've got approximately 18 more days of this... I will concede: itching is way better than nausea so I should just count my blessings that I'm not scratching AND puking. :)

We had a very brief scan at the hospital this morning. (Just a quick check of the fluid levels and blood flow.) From what the technician said everything sounded pretty much the same as before. I have a consultant appointment on Monday afternoon and she should go into more detail about exactly what all the numbers and measurements mean. We got another picture but this one is even blurrier than the others. I looked at the photo and said "aww we're having a little blurry baby." The midwife/technician who was in the room looked at me, laughed and said, "you mean a BIG blurry baby." .... yeah this is going to be a simple labour.. lol really.

Good news though!! While I was at the hospital I asked if the results from my Glucose Tolerance test were back yet. They're normal!! I officially do not have gestational diabetes!! As far as I can piece together, I'm having a big baby simply because our combined genetics demanded it rather than there being any underlying medical reason causing it. I'll know more after Monday, but I wanted to share. :)

4 comments:

  1. I have a good feeling about my place in the sweepstakes :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh, The Simpsons! Glad to hear all is going well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You Anonymous sorts... normally I can work out who you are from what you say.. but I'm at a complete loss here..

    Jill- Kat sent me the list of dates & sizes everyone guessed so I'm going to have to post that up. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. It won't be long now. I'm praying for a fast and easy delivery, a healthy baby, and a happy new mommy and daddy! Love to you all!
    ~Mag~

    ReplyDelete

Comment! It's pretty much the same as petting a cat. They purr, I blog more.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...