Sunday, January 31, 2010

~* Baby Shower *~

Kinda late (okay really late) posting. On the 9th of January my fabulous mother in law and brand new sister in law threw me a wonderful baby shower. I'd always wanted one but it's not really the done thing in the United Kingdom so it was really sweet of them to throw one for me.

We played some cute games, one of which was a 'predict the date of birth and weight of baby' game. I thought it would be amusing to post everyone's guesses on here and we could see who gets the closest. (If you want to add your own predictions, either send me an email or leave a comment and I'll update the list with your predictions!)

February 2nd 7lbs 10oz (Rebecca)I've decided this is a bad choice as I have a non-refundable appointment for my citizenship application on the 2nd!
February 5th 7lbs 7oz (Pamela)
February 6th 8lbs 10oz (Jennifer)
February 7th 8lbs 11oz (Jilly)
February 8th 7lbs 12oz (Kathryn)
February 9th 9lbs 2oz (Lucy)
February 10th 8lbs 2oz (Christy)
February 11th 8lbs 2oz (Mark)
February 11th 7lbs 11oz (Maureen)
February 11th 9lbs 8oz (Dad)
February 12th 8lbs 4oz (Julie)
February 12th 8lbs 11oz (Mom)

February 14th 8lbs 0oz (Kirsty)
February 22nd 9lbs 7oz (Sarah)if baby waits till the 22nd to get here I think I might have exploded first!

Everyone also got a babygrow and drew on them.. they were adorable! (Once again the pictures are on the other computer so I'll update this post when I'm next upstairs.)

I had a wonderful time and I hope everyone else did as well!! We got some wonderful presents and I was so happy to be able to see so many of my friends again. (It's hard now that we're all so spread out.) Everyone is welcome over to ours when the baby arrives. Tip: bring food and we're more likely to let you in the house! *grins*

5 comments:

  1. oohh oohh,, I wanna guess.. lol.. I love this game..

    Your bundle of joy should be here on Feb 12th and weigh in at 8lbs 4oz.
    I know she will be beautiful but I also think she will a chunker at only 19 in long!! Good Luck with whenever you go into labor. Will there be an update on facebook or here when u go to have her? I want know when she s coming!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wish I coulda been there!
    I am so glad Maureen and Kat took care of that side of the pond for you! Thank you from me!!!

    ok, I'm absolutely NO GOOD at these sort of predictions, but here goes...ummmm our little red-haired lovely (sorry, Mark, but it's time!) will arrive somewhere around her cousin Faith's birthday on the 12th... weighing in around 8 11... and promptly wrapping herself around her daddy's finger. :D
    (well, I know I have at least ONE part right, anyway!!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am completely convinced I'm going to win this.

    I think the next time I see you - you'll have a baby! That's scary!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey- your dad wants to know why you didn't put his name next to the 9 lbs 8oz prediction?

    Didn't want one that big or something???

    luv yas!

    :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just an oversight! It got busy in the text field with the html for colored text and I missed it. He's there now. :)

    ReplyDelete

Comment! It's pretty much the same as petting a cat. They purr, I blog more.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...