Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Itty bitty update.

I had that extra appointment this morning. All went well except that I'd forgotten to put any heartburn tablets in my purse so had to sit in the hospital for almost an hour trying not to breathe fire!! (HATE heartburn!!)

Turns out the only reason I was there was down to more incompetence on behalf of someone dealing with my blood somewhere. My official notes listed it as a "problem processing bloods." My guess? - Someone dropped it or like always - lost it. I could be miffed but really, if the only other option was that there was something wrong with my bloods and that's why they wanted them repeated, then I'm happy it was just incompetence. :) Granted my platelets are still going down. They were around 150 at the booking in appointment, 128 around 28 weeks and now are at a lovely 100. They still aren't that concerned though. As long as they're happy with my blood pressure and my other bloodwork then they're considering it as just a simple side effect of pregnancy. (They did say that even my booking in number was low though... how do you get your platelets up anyway?)

On the bright side: baby is head down!! I'm only 35 weeks and she's not engaged which means there's always a chance she can move around but considering she had been transverse since... well, always, I'm happy she's facing the right direction! One less thing for me to worry about.

I've started the raspberry leaf tea, not too bad actually! I don't even have to put any honey or sugar in it.

3 comments:

  1. Yay for it not being anything serious! But how many blood samples can these people lose? Maybe vampires was acurate...
    I read on a forum that if your platelets drop below 80 you won't be able to get an epidural - don't know how acurate that is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maalox is on it's way!!!
    ........................................................................................................................................................eventually....................................................................................(luvyaanyway, mums)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heartburn at the end, or even acid reflux really is a great sign that the baby will have hair!! And you don't want that little girl coming out bald! So suffer through another 'wonderful experience' lol and I hope that you will be able to be luck like me and have a baby with hair! :D
    ~ Shauna Charvet

    ReplyDelete

Comment! It's pretty much the same as petting a cat. They purr, I blog more.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...