Tuesday, August 11, 2009

and now the world knows!

You will all be thrilled to hear that my allergies have calmed down again. I seriously have no idea what it could be. (Well I guess it could just be an overdose of cat hair - but you'd think if it was that, with my housekeeping skills, I'd be suffering all the time.) Either way I'm just happy they've disappeared again for a while. :)

Mark and I had another wedding to attend this past weekend. You can really tell that we're getting to be a certain age now because this was our third wedding of the year and before now I'd only ever been to two weddings, mine and Maggie's! I took my magic prescription pills and while the morning we were supposed to leave for the wedding was horrible the rest of the weekend was actually bearable! As long as I had something to munch on and could sit down every 5 minutes or so I was okay. It was a lovely wedding reception AND we managed to squeeze in some quality time with some friends we rarely get to see anymore. PLUS I got to visit another castle. Always a plus.

So today's big news is that I've finally announced the pregnancy to my Facebook world. There's been a lot of great replies and it thrills me to death that I have so many friends who are interested and care despite how bad I am at keeping in touch! So it's official! The world now knows about the growing meatball, which is a good thing but otherwise people would just start thinking that I'd eaten a LOT of meatballs. Yes. The bump is starting to become a tad obvious.

Oh and more blood-taking issues have arisen. Some of the bloodwork that they were supposed to take at 10 weeks but couldn't and wound up taking at 12 weeks didn't actually make it to the lab. I have no idea what happened. I called my GP today to ask about my thyroid function results and the receptionist kindly informed me that the paperwork they got back from the lab said "sample not received" so apparently, the little vial of blood she was supposed to put in the little envelope bit of paper never arrived. Which means... yes. More blood needed. I have an appointment bright and early Monday morning to get my thyroid checked AND the toxoplasmosis test that I've been wanting to get since I found out I was pregnant. Hopefully all my blood winds up in the right place this time. Then Tuesday morning it's off to the dentist.

Morning sickness has been considerably kinder today, especially taking into account how abysmal the end of last week was. I managed to do two loads of laundry, make dinner, AND take a bath. Can you believe it? No, me neither. ;)

2 comments:

  1. Hey, love. It's about time that kid gave you a break. :o) Did ANYTHING I sent help (probably not, but just thought I'd ask)? Do you want me to send you anything else?

    Love and hugs. Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just so you know, the heartburn chewables you sent are definitely getting themselves used at the moment. *HUGS* thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete

Comment! It's pretty much the same as petting a cat. They purr, I blog more.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...