Monday, August 3, 2009

Allergies..

I was reading over my last post and the amount of word repetition, inverted word order, or instances of just plain using the wrong word was incredible! I really should try re-reading these things first. Well at least I explained that I was exhausted right? I use that as justification for my less than stellar literary attempt.

Not to much change in my morning sickness the past few days except that it seems to be a little tamer during the day and more intense at night. Morning sickness my foot! I've never seen anything so inappropriately named.

When we first decided that we'd try this baby thing out my biggest concern for the following nine months was my allergies. I'm not exactly sure what I'm allergic too. I'm pretty sure it's a mix of dust mites, cat hair and mold. My doctor prescribed me some lovely tablets that totally did the trick. My head wasn't even stuffy when I was trying to fall asleep. But he most vehemently explained that I would not be allowed to take these pills while pregnant and that actually, I should just go ahead and stop right now if we were trying. My thoughts = "Eegads!! I won't be able to breathe for 9 months and we'll have to buy stock in Kleenex!" Long story short, I had apparently developed a bit of a dependency on the allergy pills and the longer I took them the harder it was to stop. I could go three days before it got so bad that I needed to take another one... but magically one day (this was before I even got pregnant) I managed to get through an entire week without taking a pill and suddenly everything was okay. Don't get me wrong.. that was one HORRIBLE week. But afterwards I was fine. So strange.. like withdrawal or something. (Okay that was a lot of back story just to get to the next sentence.) 2 days ago my allergies have fired back up and I have no idea why. I've had no issues at all for a good 2 months and now they resurface? How is that fair? Isn't morning sickness enough?

I'm going to try burning the sheets tomorrow (ahem, I mean washing them at the hottest temperature my weak washing machine can handle) and hopefully that will help a bit. It's always worse when I'm laying in bed so I'm thinking the cat invited some friends over and had a party on my pillow case.. or it's MardiGras for dust mites. Either way something needs to be rectified here.

I've made it 13 weeks! Can you believe it? I was sure my body would have self-destructed by now leaving an oddly colored pile of goo on the living room floor.

Oh and my super happy fact of they day? (because obviously there's been a fact of the day before now) Indiana is moving home!! I can't wait to see him again and am thrilled to bits that my baby is going to be able to meet my puppy one day.

1 comment:

  1. you are soooo funny- even when you don't feel good!
    Ahem, my darling, when, exactly, is YOUR morning??? 2pm~ish?? How is your body SUPPOSED to know when morning is to be sick then???
    Hope you get the allergy thing figured out... something just show back up somewhere in the house that hasn't been there for a couple of months?
    luvyabunches,
    mums

    ReplyDelete

Comment! It's pretty much the same as petting a cat. They purr, I blog more.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...