
Sorry I haven't written in a while, the start to last week was really rough. Here, I'll do a flashback... *think warbly lines*
Monday morning I had an appointment to get some blood taken to get my thyroid levels finally tested. (I know they took blood at the scan appointment to check my levels, but when I called for the results the receptionist told me the paperwork from the lab stated that no blood had been provided with the sample... or something odd like that. So someone out there in Greenock is trying to clone me.. erm or just very absent minded. I wasn't thrilled - to say the least, considering how complicated it was to get the last sample of blood from me, not to mention that I really wanted these levels checked WEEKS ago. I think I've mentioned all this but am repeating myself cause I can't remember for sure.) Moving on... I booked in at the treatment centre at my health centre have the blood taken. The nurses on staff pretty much take blood day in and day out so I was hoping they'd be better at it than the practice nurse. When I explained to her that they'd lost my last blood after it was so hard to get it in the first place, she decided it would probably be best if I was laying down. Eureka! Success! and on the first jab too. I was impressed. Treatment room for the win. I also managed to finally have someone take a sample to test for toxoplasmosis too. Finally that's all sorted. This is where it takes a downward turn.
I was feeling a normal level of nausea but it always gets worse if I haven't had enough sleep and waking up at 7:30am to get to my appointment was definitely too early for me and baby. We left the health centre and were in the car less than 2 minutes when that horrible, overwhelming need to throw-up hit me. I fluttered my hands, whimpered, whined and generally looked like a dork but I couldn't make it go away. The little paper bag I've had stashed on the floorboard since I found out I was pregnant was going to finally get its big day. I freaked. I did NOT want to throw-up in the car, who cares if I had a bag? It's still horrible and Mark was right there. Ugh. Yes. I threw up in the car. *sigh* I will have nightmares forever. Mark had to immediately stop because while it was all in a bag, said bag was paper and no way was it going to hold. So me and my bag got out of the car and walked along the road in the rain to find a bin. Get back in car, head home. Lay in bathroom for 10 minutes before my stomach decides that it's not finished with me yet. This goes on intermittently for the next hour. I feel like dying. Finally I fall asleep again. Wake up around 4pm. Eat lunch. Lunch laughs at me and goes to join breakfast.
Tuesday: Another early appointment. This time me and Mark have an appointment at the dentist. Dentist is lazy. He's supposed to do a full scale and polish. He de-scales all the teeth but then only does the brushing bit on the top teeth. Lame. Good thing I'm pregnant and not paying for it or I'd be really angry. I have horrible pregnancy gums though. When he's through with me I look like a vampire after a big meal. He laughs and says it's just my gums having an exaggerated response to plaque because of the new hormones and that it will all go back to normal after I give birth. We get back in the car to head home.. I think I'm going to be okay. Then it hits again. This time though (after much yelling from me at the other traffic for not moving) I make it home before Mt.St.Becky explodes again. More sleeping. More being sick. Life is fun.
I spend the rest of the day in a queasy haze between asleep and moaning. At midnight Mom calls... never a good sign. My parents had taken Indiana to the vet to get him a check-up. He'd only been home a day, but was having trouble walking and his breathing was incredibly laboured. They were hoping to get him on some pain medication but the vet found a whole host of things wrong with the poor guy. Not only did he have multiple tumours, arthritis, larynx problems but cancer as well. The prognosis wasn't good and the vet advised putting him down. It was hard on everyone. I can say that my raging hormones did not make it easy on me but it must have been incredibly hard for my parents. Having him home for only a day before they were forced to make the hardest decision a pet owner ever has to make. At least I was able to see him and talk to him (via Skype) one last time. I want to say that it would have been easier if he had never come home again... but just the thought breaks my heart and I wouldn't have given up that last day for anything. Now we have all three of my beautiful labs together again and my parents are planning to bury their ashes next time I can make it home. For the next few days whenever I tried to tell anyone what had happened I burst into tears. I'm going to miss that puppypotamoose so much. It's the end of an era. I can't believe our labs are all gone.

I'll catch you up with the rest of week and baby baking process later.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Comment! It's pretty much the same as petting a cat. They purr, I blog more.