Saturday, August 29, 2009

Evil bubbles of pain!

Managed to go 9 whole days without throwing up! Can you believe it!? I was so excited.. up until the point where I threw up. :) I've still been queasy a lot of the time but it's definitely starting to get to a more bearable level.

Okay and now onto the subject of trapped wind aka. I'VE BEEN BRUTALLY SHOT IN THE GUT BUT CAN'T SEEM TO DIE. Yes. You read that right. That's what I wrote. So, because I don't have the most health conscious diet going my pregnancy-slowed digestive tract decides that pain is the order of the day. It had only happened twice, after cheesy burritos (obviously my own fault) and after some homemade macaroni and cheese, (I'm sure Mom will blame it on some blood type A aversion to cheddar or something) but Thursday night we had fajitas. Simple, healthy, relatively good for you fajitas. The next morning at 6am I woke up with a dull ache in my stomach. "Ah gas." I know this feeling. It's going to hurt for a bit but it'll pass and I'll be fine. Not SO! about 10 minutes later it had progressed to a non-dull ache which steadily increased in pain as the minutes ticked by. By 6:30 I was writhing around, throwing myself to the floor, stumbling around. Basically looking like someone who had completely lost control of their body. I hadn't woken Mark up because I knew there wasn't anything he could do and didn't want to worry him, but by this point the pain was freaking me out and he had to be woken. (Poor guy was subsequently woken by my death moans of pain.) I can honestly say this was the most painful thing I have experienced, EVER. It surpasses having my tonsils out. That's how bad this was. Eventually I was able to breathe again and Mark didn't have to call the ER. Yes. I'm alive and I'm okay now.

So later that day I made a point to research how to make this go away quicker if, heaven forbid, it ever happens again. Chamomile tea apparently should help. Mark's insisting we get some chemical strength tablets from the store as well. I'm not arguing.

Morbid that I am, one thought that popped in my head while I was struggling to breathe was... "I bet this is what being shot feels like, except being shot probably doesn't hurt as much because you're losing blood and eventually you pass out." :D

Tomorrow we're spending the day at the in-laws so we can see everybody before they scamper off on a lovely little holiday to France. (If trains weren't so expensive we'd be going too!) Should be fun. They're cooking for me and I don't have to move. :)

We meet the consultant (aka. actual doctor) on Monday so I'm sure I'll have more interesting and less morbid things to chat about then.

Take care!

2 comments:

  1. yesyes...A's don't need cheddar & chamomile should help, Peter. Try mozzarella next time, instead =). I know the pain of which you speak- horrid. absolutely horrid...one of the reasons I did the research on the blood stuff.

    luvyabunches,
    mums
    Ps.139:13-16 (fearfully and wonderfully made!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Peter? What's this random Peter in there for?

    ReplyDelete

Comment! It's pretty much the same as petting a cat. They purr, I blog more.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...