Sunday, August 16, 2009

It's ALIVE!!

Baby Meatball is making his presence known!! I wasn't expecting to feel any movement till closer to 17 weeks and since today is just 14+6 I was a bit surprised. (What am I saying, I was completely shocked!)

It was the middle of the night and I woke up feeling a bit strange, definitely nothing new there. At first I thought my belly was just making the traditional, "feed me" or "I'm digesting a cow" kind of noises, but then I realized there was definitely something different going on. My lower ab area would start to feel really heavy and then there was some swooshing. Like something was rolling around. I discounted it and went back to sleep, then I woke up again with the same feeling. Someone was definitely moving around down there. The house was quiet, I was quiet,.. so I laid there for ages and tracked it. The heavy feeling would disappear and the come back immediately before the swooshing feeling. Made me wonder if the little one was doing back-flips. The next time I woke up it was around 9:30 so I figured I could wake Mark up and tell him. He was definitely excited. I told him not to get his hopes up though because I was only feeling it on the inside, I wasn't making anything out with my hands. But I decided that if he laid his head on my belly he might be able to hear a swishing noise when the baby moved. It worked!! He heard the swishing! and then amazing enough he said it felt like tiny faint kicks!

For being so early on this baby must be HUGE! Hopefully the growth will slow down to a normal speed and I'm not faced with the prospect of a 13 lb baby or anything crazy like that.

So excited!! It was amazing to feel the little one moving around and know that it's still there! I'm still feeling queasy all day but it seems a bit less intense.

1 comment:

  1. Yayayayay! You sure you aren't further on? lol
    I've been hearing/meeting lots of 10lb babies recently - I hope whatever weight yours is that it's nice and streamlined! :D

    Have you been feeling it again?

    ReplyDelete

Comment! It's pretty much the same as petting a cat. They purr, I blog more.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...