Yes. I’m aware that today is indeed Thursday and not Tuesday at all. The following is an account of the events that occurred on Tuesday.
7:30am – I wake up when Mark’s alarm goes off but he’s been coughing all night and still not feeling well so he’s decided he’s staying home. I on the other hand have planned to go to the Aquanatal class at the gym today and then meet up with the inlaws to do some shopping, which means my mind is racing and surprisingly I can’t go back to sleep. So I lay there for a while until I’m overwhelmed with panic about getting my gym bag together and finding my bathing suit.
8:30am – Out of bed and eating cereal. Very slowly putting things into my gym bag. Do I need two towels? How much will the taxi cost? Take all lose change out of Mark’s wallet ‘just in case.’
9:26am – Call for taxi. I tell the lady on the phone that I’d like to book a cab and she asks for what time, I stutter an say “um, anytime now actually would be fine.” She says okay and I hang up. Mark calls from the room to tell me that you “book” a cab for the future and “order” one for now. I tell him it’s too early to think and to shush.
9:28am – Ready to go, but am feeling as though the one piece suit I have on is trying to kill me to in a burst of panic run upstairs to find my two piece, worried I’ll be the only one there in a two piece.
9:30am – Taxi arrives. Cabby tries to make small talk about the weather. I am unreceptive. Fare costs £5.30 for 2.2miles. I could have gotten all the way to Glasgow for less on the train. He does not get a tip.
9:40ish am – Realize as soon as I get to the locker room that I MUST change out of the one piece and into two piece.
9:45am – Head down to pool. A few pregnant ladies are sitting on the benches waiting. Everyone is in one piece or tank-ini. I am odd one out. Incredibly hot. I’m sweating despite wearing next to nothing. I go to the restroom to try splash cold water on my face. Only hot water comes out of the taps. Return to benches. Sit. Return to bathroom. Puke. Farewell breakfast. First time in three weeks. I am NOT impressed. Very close to calling Mark and telling him to come get me.
9:50am – Feeling a little better, midwives leading class take my name and information. I explain about the vomiting. They are sympathetic and say they’ll keep an eye on me.
10:00am – Class begins. Odd. Céilidh dancing in the water. I think I’ve been to more céilidhs since I’ve gotten pregnant than all of before. All in all enjoyable. Not sure if I’ll go back. Taxi too expensive to go both ways.
As the rest of the day is less epic I won’t subject you to an itemized accounting.
After the class there was something called an “Antenatal Fyre” on in the same building so I decided to go. It was just a few mini lectures on breastfeeding, nutrition, and finances. Nothing I haven’t read plenty about already. Mark’s parents were waiting outside to collect me and we went to the grocery to acquire munchies for lunch.
After lunch off we went to Marks and Spencers, Babykinns, DFS, & B&Q. It was nice being about to shop without Mark fearing his head was going to implode. (he doesn’t do well in stores.) We priced some flooring for the kitchen and I bought a couple new bras which I’m pretty sure I’m going to return. They’re pretty crappy. After much, much walking I was ready to drop and we headed home. While sitting in a major traffic jam Mark’s parents decided we should order out for dinner, their treat. I suggested pizza, we called home to have Mark order it for us. (Thanks again for dinner guys! It was yummy!)
After yummy dinner, George and Maureen headed home. Mark and I watched the new series of Stargate. I can’t say I was that impressed. Hopefully it gets better.
10:30pm – Evil gas bubble attacks! This time I’m prepared. I have pills I can take and I make some chamomile tea immediately. I fight the crippling pains for about 10 minutes before it goes away, but it does go away!!
10:45pm – I start coughing some and my throat is sore. Very paranoid that I’m getting whatever illness Mark is afflicted with. Hopefully throat is simply sore because I’ve been talking all day and I’m not used to that anymore.
11:30pm – SLEEP!
Ps. Woke up feeling better so probably not tainted by malevolent coughing disease. Still not sick 2 days later. I’m in the clear,… for now.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Comment! It's pretty much the same as petting a cat. They purr, I blog more.