Friday, October 30, 2009

Hiccup!

I realize it's been quite a while since my last post. There hasn't really been much new to report on. Besides feeling tired and a bit faint a lot of the time I'm doing okay.

However, yesterday morning our little one had her first bout of hiccups!! I can honestly say I was scared to death (okay so maybe not scared to death- but definitely concerned) and had no clue what was going on. You hear people say, "oh, she's got hiccups again" but unless you see it happening or have it happen INSIDE of you. Then you really have no clue. It's bizarre!! I was asleep when it started and it filtered into my dreams before I eventually woke up, wondering what in the world was going on inside of my belly. I was still groggy, so I had a very detached sense of confusion and as they stopped, I fell back asleep. It was only when I woke up later that it clicked that perhaps this could be the infamous fetal hiccups people speak of. I immediately googled it and was relived to find that it did indeed match other accounts of hiccups. :) It was much less worrisome when I knew what was going on, and better still, everything seems to say that babies are not distressed by hiccups like their weak willed grown-up counterparts. :)

Tomorrow we're headed into Glasgow so A) I can finally get my hair cut, and B) To avoid tricker-treaters. So if all goes to plan, the next picture you'll see of me will be taken by my shiny new anniversary camera (did I not mention that for our 8 year wedding anniversary in about a week I got a new camera?) and will showcase my new, considerably shorter "do." Wish me luck!

1 comment:

Comment! It's pretty much the same as petting a cat. They purr, I blog more.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...