Thursday, July 30, 2009

Sugar Puffs = Bad

Reminder to myself. Don't eat Sugar Puffs. I've done it at least three times now and you'd think I would have learned by now. Every time I've had the cereal it hasn't stayed down and I've felt rotten the rest of the entire day. When I was discussing it yesterday with Mark and he was commenting on my daftness for eating them yet again, I realized that cereal in general seems to be having the same effect on me. No matter how much my mouth wants to eat it my stomach gets really mad if I cave in. So for a least a few weeks, no cereal for me. Luckily my stomach still seems to be happy with chocolate milk.

Another food low: I realized a few days ago that I had some Tropical Punch Koolaid packets stored away that friends and family had mailed me from America. I was very excited. I'd been wanting Tropical Punch. (Actually I have been finding it really hard to find anything I want to drink. Anything citrus and I get heartburn, most juice is too sweetly thick, water has to be ice cold, and anything carbonated makes me burp for ages.) So finding the koolaid was awesome... until Mark read the ingredients that is... as soon as he saw Red 40 on there I was promptly banned from the koolaid and not even allowed to finish the pitcher in the fridge. :( Just because it was banned from food products in the UK this year... *sniff* The koolaid incident was followed briefly by me remembering that I squirreled away a tub of Tang in the cabinet somewhere to make my Grandmother's spiced tea recipe with. I was excited. It's like koolaid but healthier. Surely it wouldn't have any scary additives. It was expired. Like over a year expired. I still made a jug and tried to drink it but it tasted powdery. I can't remember if that's HOW Tang tastes or a by product of it being so old. Anyhow, as soon as Mark realized I'd tried to drink out of date Tang.. away the Tang went too. Drink nazi. *laughs* At least he's looking out for me.

I dreamed about Mountain Dew last night. mmmmmmmmm dream mountain dew was so yummy.

I'm not feeling as nauseous today as I was yesterday... (of course yesterday would be hard to beat I think I met my vomiting record.) But it's so nice not to have my head in the toilet today. However, to make up for the lack of vomiting I've been exhausted. I woke up around 1pm then fell asleep from 3:30 to 7pm. Even for me that's a crazy amount of sleeping. Little baby must be growing something fierce in there! (Don't worry baby, I'll sleep as much as you need me to! Just stop making me puke and all will be well.)

2 comments:

  1. Hi hi!

    I feel extra-specially sorry for you with the cereals! I had an absolute need for them when I was pregnant, I always had to have a stock of rice-crispies at home and work.

    I asked my herbalist friend if he had anything that would help with morning sickness and he suggested:
    http://www.newhealthhorizons.co.uk/products/colic-root-drops-20ml
    he gifted them to me when I was pregnant for my indigestion and they tasted foul but worked in a couple of minutes. It's basically galangal which is okay for pregnancy I believe! If you think they're okay, I'll bring some down to you next week! And some raspberry leaf tea for later on lol :P

    Have you tried having some dilutey juice like yummy Ribena?

    See you soon!
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm loathe to turn anything down that I think might help.. but everything I'm readying says to avoid in pregnancy and breastfeeding. I wish there was more information out there on natural remedies. Sadly I hate Ribena; blackcurrents are evil.

    See you this weekend! Hoping to feel better by then!!

    ReplyDelete

Comment! It's pretty much the same as petting a cat. They purr, I blog more.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...