First we went through to a scanning room. There was a monitor for the nurse and Mark to see and then a nice little flat screen above the examination table that I could look at without having to bend around to see the one the midwife was looking at. Baby was totally awake, bouncing all over the screen! Mark has renamed it "the jumping bean." It took a while for the baby to decide to lay in the correct position for the midwife to get some of the measurements she was after but that was completely okay with me because it meant we got to look at the little one for longer! It was so awesome! It's crazy to think that there's an actual baby in there! While she was scanning I think I said "gosh it's so baby shaped! it doesn't look like a rabbit at all!" She must have thought I was a bit insane.
Here's some photos for your viewing pleasure... Just click on each one for a bigger view.



After the scan I went to another room with a new midwife who attempted to take my bloods... she stabbed me three times before deciding that she needed to get a doctor in. In came the doctor who, thankfully, managed to get it on the first go. Afterwards I guess I was looking a bit pale and slightly like I was going to vomit so after asking if I needed a bowl to be sick in (which I declined) she offered to get me some cookies and juice which I happily accepted. I munched away on these while she went about booking further appointments for me and collecting some paperwork I needed so I wouldn't have to.
My next scan will be September 21st when I'll be 20 weeks. Oh! And they've moved up my due date. It's sitting at February 8th 2010 now. She said I'm 12 weeks 1 day and the baby is actually measuring bigger than that! Can you believe it?! I lose 8lbs and the baby is totally happy. One of the midwives said not to worry "because babies are total parasites and will take whatever they need."
I'm still in awe and I don't think Mark wanted to go into work today. :)
BABY PICTURES!!!!! YEAH!!!!!
ReplyDeletelovelylovelylovely
hi, baby!!!!!
grandma Tina =)